Palm Springs Dance Academy's official Physical Therapist & Chiropractor
Dr. Steven D. Roffers received his Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) degree from Life University in Marietta, GA. He graduated with scholastic honors and was a research scholarship recipient student in the Office of Sponsored Research and Scholarly Activity where he also served as Faculty for a year prior to opening his clinics in Atlanta, GA. Upon graduation, he received the Clinic Excellence Award (the highest award given). Dr. Roffers is a recognized health and science expert and advocate having many years of health and science education and experience prior to joining the chiropractic medicine world.
Every student at the Academy will receive a complimentary sports exam.
About Sport Physical
The sports physical exam helps determine whether it's safe for kids to participate in a certain sport. The two main parts to a sports physical are the medical history and the physical exam.
This part of the exam includes questions about:
• serious illnesses among family members
• illnesses that kids had when they were younger or may have now, such as asthma,
diabetes, or epilepsy
• previous hospitalizations or surgeries
• allergies (to insect bites, for example)
• past injuries (including concussions, sprains, or bone fractures)
• whether the child has ever passed out, felt dizzy, had chest pain, or had trouble
breathing during exercise
• any medications taken (including over-the-counter medications, herbal supplements,
and prescription medications)
During the physical part of the exam, the doctor will:
• record height and weight
• take a blood pressure and pulse (heart rate, rhythm, & respirations).
• test your child's vision
• check the heart, lungs, abdomen, ears, nose, and throat
• evaluate your child's posture, joints, strength, and flexibility
• select orthopedic and neurological exams
Exams are approximately 30 minutes long.
MOVEMENT IS LIFE
Visits with Dr. Roffers
are available to all members of the public.
Learn more at